I suggest you ...

Documentation

As you are trying to bring your app/business to a higher level, you need to have a solid documentation. There are significant differences between the various platforms you support.
A start would be a help file with the 'haves' and 'do not haves' of each platform.

132 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Arie van Boxel shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

38 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Art commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Connected to a raspberry pi by doing the following:

Terminals > SSH > Username: pi, hostname (IP Address ex. 192.168.1.#), port 22, password: raspberry.

• Roy Wilson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Standard telnet port is 23, but I could not get that port number to work... Port 22 dies work, though.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Simply put ssh is a tunnel system that Mac and Linux have built in( maybe servers I don't know) host name is the ip of the computer you have to connect to and the username is the username that you want to connect to. A "key" is basically when you scramble the connection so much that it would take years to unscramble, so you use a key to unscramble the connection. Or you could put the account password in instead where it says password.

So, you go to the menu and press quick connect. Then you put the username of the account that you want to connect to, then in the host name put the ip of the computer(Note:The computer MUST have openSSH on it[basically Linux or Mac])

I just tried this myself for the first time...
        If you are connected on a LAN just type in the IP of the device.
        From outside your own network, you need to know the public IP of your network and port forward port 22 to whichever device you want on your router.

My case:
        I have a domain name Mydomain.com that points toy public IP (set from my ISP)
        My router at home I port forwarded port 22(ssh) to my web server raspberry pi on ip 192.168.2.106
        So if I were at home using wifi I connect to 192.168.2.106 but I can also connect to Mydomain.com. If you do not have a domain you need to find you public ip. Google "what is my ip"
        I'm surprised how easy it was. Good luck :)

• Anon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So let's say you are trying to ssh
        For example , let's say your login is user@webgroup.server.com

Click quick connect
        Then for user put what's before the @
        For host put what's after the @
        Then enter your password and you are in,

Hope this helps.

• Anon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Go to quick connect and put in your username and the host server info and password and you are in

• chip commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm thinking there's a basic language / usability problem here, and the developers don't understand that people can't read their minds.

Why do I need an *email* username in the first place? I'm not talking about a username for logging into any of my servers, I'm talking about FOR THIS APP.

It asks for an email and password. Am I supposed to give you guys my GOOGLE password? No way. I don't know what this email/password is FOR. I'm guessing it's for something, but I can't read your minds.

I'm trying to login to my servers on my LAN, not WAN. I'm looking for an SSL terminal for my android device, not some gateway to some "online service".

Is my connection going directly from my device to my server, or is it somehow going to YOU, then onto WAN and your "service" is managing the connection, etc?

Documentation is the first key to usability.

• Ty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm new to this whole thing so I need help on what to do for the address and what not

I need help i honestly dont know how to set this up i just need to fill everything out can someone please help

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base