I suggest you ...

Two-Factor Auth

I try to connect to an Linux host that uses two-factor auth. The authentication has two steps, first asking for a one-time code and then with a second prompt asking for the password.

I can't enter this to work and always get password failure.

Any suggestions?

33 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Joseba4242 shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Dwayne commented  · 

then please tell us how it works. I have simple ssh key and google auth yet always get pwd failure

• Bernhard commented  · 

I'm trying to get this to work in the iOS app. Not sure how?

• Ed Phillips commented  · 

It appears ServerAuditor on Amazon Kindle Fire devices supports this already.

• Ed Phillips commented  · 

Seems this is still not implemented... I'm using password + Google Authenticator.

• bmb commented  · 

Hello,

I have a very common ssh setup in which the server requires a public key as well as a 2FA code. This is probably the most common setup for an ssh server, as it is the most convenient solution which provides an adequate measure of security.

I have successfully imported my public key from the private key, however when i attempt to connect I get an error:

~~~
        Connecting...
        Checking fingerprint
        Authenticating
        Username/public key combination was invalid
        ~~~

I have tried setting the password field to that of my 2factor token, which only lasts for 30 seconds, however this also fails to connect with the same error message.

Please instruct me on how to use your application to connect to my server. I am sure I must be missing something simple as my setup lacks any real complexity.

Feedback and Knowledge Base