(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Comments are closed
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can I use mosh if my ssh runs at a custom port? When using desktop mosh I give it --ssh='ssh -p 12345'.

It also gives the app the ability to switch to wifi if it comes available while already logged in. And back to 3G if wifi has gone.

This would solve the most lags of bad connections which currently renders working on servers pretty messy. I usually open a screen just to be not nagged by those reconnects much.

Mosh support/connections would also handle the keep-alive / disconnect when iOS sleeps issue. Seems like a good reason to go premium ... or in-app purchase.

• Julien Cornebise commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Naive question: isnt' the pickup aspect feasible with tmux on the server side? I understand this doesn't solve the reponsiveness the way mosh does, nor does it avoid the need to re-login, but it's 1 out of 3 :)

• Maxmaxmax commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had opened a similar feature request, that I cannot find anymore.

I had been notified that it was a planned feature, about a year ago. I see that this is not the case the case anymore, has this feature been abandoned ?

Implemented with proper iCloud synchronisation mosh would allow you to pick-up a session on a different device than where you left off.

It would also allow you to keep sessions open for very long time without the app needing to do backgrounding.

Last but not least, sessions will feel a lot more responsive on high latency connections.

Feedback and Knowledge Base