How can we improve the iOS app?

X11 forwarding

Hi.

I love this app and am using it quite satisfied.

Only one feature missing for me is X forwarding.
Isn't it unavailable to add that feature?
If so, it's totally fine but If the app had that feature,
this app will be the best app for sshing.

Thanks again!

328 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Genie shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

45 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Halvor commented  · 

Starting to be ridiculous. People have been asking for this feature since 2014 and there are still no app on App Store that supports X11 forwarding. Termius is good, very good but not great until this is added. I will pay for a worse terminal emulator as long as they support X11 forwarding.

• Roberto D’Agostya commented  · 

I will definitively use a lot of X11 emulation on the iPad and change my working life! I am ready to pay extra for this if reliable.

• Bo commented  · 

Solid app but is missing x11. When can we expect to see this?

• Larry commented  · 

Please add this feature. I am will to pay extra $ for this. Thanks!

• Anonymous commented  · 

Please add this feature! This is gonna change my way of working because I am a heavy ssh user. and most of the time I have to plot figure with gnuplot via X11. currently no app in apple store support X11, if Termius add this feature, I will definitely buy it!

• Anonymous commented  · 

that's the killer feature !

120% support on this!

• User123 commented  · 

would love this feature....

• Dane commented  · 

It would be nice is Termius would respond ...

• Dane commented  · 

Any updates, Termius Support? X11 Forwarding from an OSX Client?

• Francesco Peeters commented  · 

2017, still doesn't seem to be there? Or is it just too well hidden?

• Anonymous commented  · 

It would be a challenge to implement, but worth it for sure. Most other X11 reimplementations are geared toward desktops, like XQuartz, based on GNOME 2, for macOS; so this feature would really set Termius apart.

• Anonymous commented  · 

To the new guy: most *NIXes use a window server called X to handle their graphical desktop environments. X forwarding in SSH means that if an opened application relies on X, that data will be sent to the client, too, effectively meaning that the GUI is present on the client as well.
        In regular SSH, this is achievable with the -X flag, but with Termius, it isn't that easy and must be manually implemented, due to the lack of a parent X server in iOS itself.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Im a new guy I'm confused any body can clarify wat this is ?? I just wanted to know how this worked

• Anonymous commented  · 

There are still no X11 solutions for iOS. I would definitely buy/subscribe to whatever app offered it, and encourage my co-workers to do the same.

• Anonymous commented  · 

This is the one thing that keeps me from switching to termius full time.

• Jimmy commented  · 

My god it would be great to have X11 forwarding !!! Please do it! :D

• Colin Rogers commented  · 

Are there any dev team members following this idea? I would really like to hear if this is on the roadmap or not. Without X11 forwarding this app is useless to me so it would be very nice to hear back from someone on whether or not we can look forward to this feature.

Thanks

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base