How can we improve the iOS app?

Touch support for tmux

This will make window selection from the taskbar much faster. JuiceSSH on Android can do this. It would also make pane selection and resizing easier. Would be useful to emulate mouse support in Midnight Commander as well.

Obviously Terminal Touch mode would disable this.

35 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is because it's not the virtual touchpad, but a shortcut that's part of iOS itself that allows for the movement of the cursor in text fields. On iPhones, this uses 3D Touch instead of two fingers.

Hello,

I wonder if there is any plan to support Virtual Touchpad in Termius. This feature is quite useful to move cursor around and is activated by taping the virtual keyboard with two fingers. It does work up to some extent in Termius but the cursor doesn't behave correctly in editors such as nano or vim. I think this would really enhance the usability of this app.

Cheers

Hi guys, just wondering if this was already implemented, in which case my apology for bumping an old thread.

• AdminTermius Support (Admin, Crystalnix Limited) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,

Thank you for your feedbacks guys.

We didn't think about adding this feature, but we will probably consider something kinda touch mode for the terminal. I guess we need to think more about it. So we will have a discussion about it later where will make a decision about that.

Thanks.

• Joni Orponen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Most likely:

1) GPM on the server
        2) Translate touch events on the screen to whatever terminal control characters GPM uses

Problem:

Already existing touch events like copy/paste and URL touching would have to be rethought in order to avoid gesture conflicts.

Irssi ConnectBot on Android has a top-right menu for url-scanning, copying and pasting (an approach I'm quite fond of), but even that would conflict with text selection for copying in the case of implementing "mouse emulation".

• Brad Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have become a big fan of serverauditor! I can connect to a screen session on my server and actually code from my iPad. Awesome!

Perhaps surprisingly, vim is almost perfect for use with serverauditor because you can do so much with just the basic letter keys (syntax highlighting displays perfectly, too). However, when working with a large file, it would be great to be able to move the cursor by touching where I want it to go. When sshing from a desktop, I can do `:set mouse=a` to easily enable doing this sort of thing with a mouse, but unfortunately it doesn't translate to taps (which of course just toggle the keyboard additions).

I don't know exactly what would be involved in adding an option to make some kind of tap translate to something vim interprets as a mouse click, but I for one would find it very helpful!

Feedback and Knowledge Base