How can we improve the iOS app?

Enable Right Shift on Bluetooth Keyboards

The fact that the right shift key does not register when using my bluetooth keyboard with Termius is causing a lot of frustration.

It works fine in other apps (including in this feedback form). However, it does not work in shell sessions.

68 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Joel Edwards shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Joel Edwards commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I switched to Promt and haven't looked back. It isn't plagued by the frequent hang issue Termius had. It is more intuitive. It alerts you when it is about to auto-disconnect.

I was worried after switching from Android, since the highest rated and most often recommended app is plagued by a number of major usability issues.

• Thomas Johansen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be really great if someone from Termius could let us know if this is being worked on or not. Because of this bug the app is extremely painful to use. Even if it'll take you 3 months to fix this bug, just let us know that you're aware of the problem and are planning on fixing it.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Guys, this has made the app pretty much unusable which as a paying customer that relies on it is not ideal....

This effects the Apple Smart Keyboard Folio also. It makes this app practically unusable for getting any serious work done in a terminal.

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I’m having this issue too... same deal, thought my magic keyboard broke but only in Termius...

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here. Just got my new Nulaxy KM12 Bluetooth keyboard and Termius was one of the first apps I tried. Right shift is not working on my iPad Pro in Termius only. It’s fine everywhere else.

I was so close to returning my recently purchased Logitech folio for my iPad 6.. I thought the right shift stopped working. Like others here:
    -Only app affected is termius (main reason for buying the keyboard)
    -Only alpha and numeric keys are affected.
    -Other apps work fine.
    -Like original poster - just shell sessions are affected in Termius. Adding/editing hosts/users/identities register the right shift key.

Yup, my ipad auto updated yesterday and I have the same issue. Uh, on another note, your app pretty much rocks 99.99999% of the time.

I’m having the same problem and realized that the right-shift key doesn’t work for numbers and alphabet characters. other keys (wich are {}|<:”<>?) work. Please fix this bug asap, it’s enormously annoying...

• Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! I just noticed this doesn’t work anymore. Pretty sure this is a bug in the latest version, and hoping this will be fixed very soon. As-is, without one of the shift keys, the app is pretty much unusable...

I'm having this exact same problem. The left shift key is no problem. It used to work fine…I think the latest update from the app store introduced something wonky.

Feedback and Knowledge Base