How can we improve the iOS app?

No Keyboard?

The terminal won't accept input from my external keyboard. The app will let me use my keyboard to enter the server details to login, but the terminal itself ignores any keyboard input. Also, the keyboard at the bottom of the screen will not appear. At first I thought this was because I had the external keyboard attached, but the screen keyboard won't appear even if the Bluetooth is turned off. Therefore I have no way to enter text into the terminal, making this app unusable. Can you please help?

27 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Matt shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

14 comments

Comments are closed
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

there is an issue seemed to be related with the bluetooth pairing, if you connect the keyboard after opening the app, the app fails to take input in terminal mode.

I have the no keyboard problem an an ipadpro 12.9", both with and without the (non-bluetooth) Apple keyboard cover.

Please ignore my last comment regarding using it on iPhone 6+/iOS 8.4 with Anker BT keyboard. I've to click on a Keyboard-downarrow icon to get it working.

I'm seeing the same problem, on iPhone 6+, running iOS 8.4. My keyboard is a Anker bluetooth keyboard.

• nobody commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Where is the "eject" button you mentioned? I don't see one in the Server Auditor UI, and my bluetooth keyboard doesn't have one (I sort of feel like I'm asking where the "any" key is... lol).

Also do you have an estimate as to when the 1.5.1 release will be available? Thanks!

I have a Zagg Folio Bluetooth keyboard. Very first time I launched the app, keyboard did not work. Restarted app, and it worked for a few minutes. Generally it quits working very soon after opening terminal. Once it stops, the only way I have found to recover is to stop the app and restart. Even turning off BT keyboard does not help. Looking forward to fixes. I have v. 1.5.0. I don't have an "eject" button, that I see.

• AdminTermius Support (Customer Success Manager, Termius) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To make it work with internal keyboard when bluetooth one is connected you need to press 'eject' button. Because now your input source is your keyboard so the internal one will never appear in that case.

Some fixes for that will be available in the next release (1.5.1). Sorry for the inconvenience.

• Joe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am experiencing the same issue. I have an Anker bluetooth iPad keyboard. I can use the keyboard to input the settings for the host connection, but once connected to the actual host, the terminal won't recognize any commands from my bluetooth keyboard. Furthermore, the virtual or software keyboard doesn't even come up to use. Basically, the app is useless right now for me.

• Rueben commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem here. (sorry for creating a separate thread)

On my iPad, this seems to occur more frequently after using the 4/5 finger gestures to switch apps. I frequently switch between Server Auditor and Chrome.

For the moment I am connected with my external bluetooth keyboard and I am using it. Now in the terminal itself it does not work. Strange enough in here it does work. My bluetooth keyboard is a logitech keyboard. I did notice it also does not really work with teamviewer... although there I did not test it properly

Feedback and Knowledge Base