How can we improve the iOS app?

Snippets with variables

It would be great to have an ability to create snippets with a variables we can define at the moment of run. I.e. a snippet for disabling a cluster node with a variable 'host name'. I think it would be very useful to have such functionality.

48 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Mikhail shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any update on this feature - specifically the keyboard prompt for passwords? For any kind of professional use, it seems kind of like a no-brainer?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

there should be option to use passwords in snippets. for example snippet with command "sudo systemctl restart networking" will then insert password when asked

• Tomasz Struczyński commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 Snippets should definitely have variables. Or a way to pass keayboard input (eg. snippet to `sudo` something, which can take password from identity).

• Thomas Rosenberger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have used many SSH terminal Clients.. I found Serverauditor and loved it due to it cross platforms. I had to run 4 different depending what i was using Linux Windows Tablet or my Android Phone. All the clients had the capabilaty to pass predefined and custom variables. I have 10 Servers that get wiped by company every couple of months. these are sandbox unites. And they get clean at the same time. Each system has a long string of random characters generated at time of the original order. none of them are the same. The script I used to run will not run here. It needs the user name which is the same on all and the password which explain above are all different. My script needs to login as normal user cause there is no root account accessable yet. I changes the user name to a name I have chosen so it needs the logged user and the new user. and has to change the password in a shell created via the script itself. then changes to the root account using the logged in password. then changes the password of root change the root ssh configs. Then it exits and goes back in. And the server is ready to do what I need to do. This takes about 10 minutes via a cluster action. Tonight It has taken me 4 hours and hair pulling, trying to do 9 of the 10 servers manually. This feature is greatly needed. I am a premium member. And I would hate to change again. But I need a way to pass variables to the servers. I tryed to pull a script I wrote and placed in a repository but due to debians over security I can not apt-get the script. until the root account has been created and files edited exited and come back in as root. apted is lock to normal user and sudo is not installed by default. I makes as muh sence as selling you a car with all the keys locked inside.

Feedback and Knowledge Base