How can we improve the iOS client?

One Time Purchase

I understand you're tying to milk every penny from your users, but please for the love of god make the app cost $12 and make it a one-time purchase. I would buy it, but buying a yearly subscription is not an option.

46 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

I can understand both positions, and it's still the right of the developer to decide the way he wants to sell its product, if it's good enough, demand will just be there.

On the other side, there are apps that provides both options, for example I have in the past bought my 1Password license (which I'd love to see supported by Termius, with OTP and all) and now I'm subscriber, for complementary features.

Maybe leave the choice to the (honest) customers and they'll reward you if your trust in your product

• Anonymous commented  · 

Right now, I use Prompt for ssh connections via iOS. The only thing that's preventing me from switching to Termius completely is the subscription... reoccurring payments are simply a nuisance.

• John Hartlove commented  · 

This is positively hilarious. People are have no idea how good they have it these days. 15 years ago this would be a $99 shrinkwrap. Keep it the subscription model. I am happy to pay it.

• A respectful user commented  · 

"milk every penny"? Seriously? Got an iPhone and now can't afford $10 per YEAR(!) for the app? Three cups of coffee?
        Dear developers, don't listen to these cheap greedy people. They will always complain and never buy anyways, regardless of price.
        Thank you for the awesome app.

• Phil Hagger commented  · 

I agree with the others, a one-off payment would be much preferred than subscription model.

• AdminTermius Support (Admin, Crystalnix Limited) commented  · 

Although we like money as much as the next guy, we do not exactly try to milk every penny from the user. We rather try to find an honest balance between investment and return in a long-term perspective.

The reason why we believe in a subscription-based sales model is that it allows you to pay as you go, while we are ensured of a steady return as long as we keep investing in Termius.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Yes please! Subscription maintenance is becoming a full time job!

• Felix commented  · 

That would be really nice .

No one needs Abos

• Anonymous commented  · 

I'd happily pay a one-off $20 or more for a decent app like this but not any form of subscription.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I agree! Please make this happen!

Feedback and Knowledge Base