How can we improve the iOS client?

Run app in background

Can you implement location services to allow the app to stay live in the background for longer than a few min?

There are many apps out there that make use of location services (like Microsoft onedrive) to allow them to stay active in the background

347 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mikeluyten shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mike Wolff commented  · 

I would love to see keep-alive implemented, as most firewalls flow tables time out a flow due to inactivity after 300 seconds, trashing the session. This would be a greatly useful enhancement to me (as well as others) doing things like compiling code where you walk away for more than 300 seconds. Thanks!

• Anonymous commented  · 

If it is possible, it would be excellent if this feature is implemented. It is really annoying that I stay in the app to keep my forwarded ports active!

• Anonymous commented  · 

+1 this feature request from me also

omgplzthx

• Anonymous commented  · 

iOS hibernates background apps after 3 minutes. Nothing can be done about it.

Most apps have some sort of "cloud backends" to give you the impression that they're still active (through notifications).

• Richard Fincher commented  · 

Every SSH product for iOS I have used, suffers from the problem of Impractically short SSH session timeouts. I think this must be caused by a fundamental property of IOS which developers can't change? Perhaps to do with prolonging battery life?

• Seth commented  · 

YES! PLEASE!!

• Marco commented  · 

I really would like to be able to set a timeout to several minutes on retaining a connection. Logging in over and over gets old quickly.

• Anonymous commented  · 

It seems that you can't let it run in the background for more than a few minutes... sucks for alternating between coding and testing a web server

• Adan Chou commented  · 

Is it possible to cross the iOS restrictions(keep alive by pushing notifications) or add a service which is similar to those service that will sync automatically.

• Anonymous commented  · 

好希望能保持后台一直运行啊

• badoxer commented  · 

Yes, please implement this.

• Anonymous commented  · 

You could use that sound Trick (that Facebook also used)

• AdminTermius Support (Admin, Crystalnix Limited) commented  · 

Hi,

The problem is in the iOS restrictions. Since iOS 7 usual apps can live in the background more than 3 minutes. That's why the disconnect happens. We are keep looking for workarounds that could let us avoid this but, for now, no luck.

A few days ago we had an idea of how to increase the background time. But we'll check it a bit later.
        Just want to let you know that we are keep looking at this direction.

Thanks you all guys for your support.

Regards,
        Serverauditor team

• Anonymous commented  · 

Isn't this a really basic feature!? Am I missing where it's located?

• Anonymous commented  · 

This ! Please implement this feature.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Hope this feature is available ASAP !

Feedback and Knowledge Base