Pasting text copied from external app appends random characters to the end
I’ve been a user over a year and have just noticed this behavior recently.
Steps to reproduce:
- Open Termius and connect to terminal session
- Switch to another app (ex: StackExchange page in Safari)
- Copy text from other App (examples: command from web-page or Notes app)
- Switch back to Termius, and switch to previously connected terminal session
- Paste Text copied from external App
- Note that pasted text has 1+ random character appended to end
- often it’s 1-6 characters, but sometime it’s an entire URL
- when a URL is appended, the URL name suggests that it’s iOS multitasking related. So, this may be some sort of metadata leaking into the paste buffer.
Thanks for confirming this anonymous - now I know it's not just me. Like you, my "garbage" text often includes an iOS/cache URL.
I'm amazed that nobody else has posted this?
Same here but often times the extra text contains random characters and the path to a cache directory. Most of the time there’s a com.apple.something string in there too.
- Open terminal session.
- Switch to Chrome, open the URL http://www.dotjson.uk/xrdp-vscode-docker/
- Near end of article, copy this text:
sudo sed -i 's/BIG-REQUESTS/_IG-REQUESTS/' /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libxcb.so.1
- Switch back to Termius and paste, notice that an "a" has been appended to the end
- If the line is deleted & re-pasted, no extra characters are appended.