How can we improve the iOS app?

You badly need a detailed explanation of the various menus. If you can’t do that, I’m going to leave you.

2 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Tom Browder shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Tom Browder commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I apologize for the obvious emotional part of the comment. I have enjoyed and gotten a lot of use out of Termius for managing my remote Debian servers.

My frustration comes from the effort it takes to use the public key for remote access. It at the moment is kind of trial and error. For example, one of the first things I do for a new server setup is to disallow password login. That negates your vague FAQ immediately for establishing key contact with the server afterward. For most of your Linux users I suggest discussion of how to setup the key for use outside of Termius first (authorized_keys, .ssh, etc., or a good link to solid documentation. A set of flow charts might help. Note also the password for host access and the passphrase for a key are not clearly deliniated, at least to me.

If it’s any consolation, other terminal programs for iOS have the same problems.

Thanks for a good product, but decent documentst

Feedback and Knowledge Base