How can we improve the iOS client?

Script shortcuts

We should have the ability to save different commands and assign them to buttons or touch gestures. That would help automate repetitive tasks.

45 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

yep, buttons mapped to scripts would be great.
        even simpler to implement ought to be simply add export environment variables. with such variable export my .bash_login could fire a trivial script which handled the abbreviated commands. today nothing in the exported environment tells me i've logged in via an ipad.

by the way, ya'll have written a great app.

also, i kinda wish for scrolling history in the window.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Something similar to "SSH Control" from the appstore would be great! That would definitely make you leader with everything concerning SSH on iOS! Keep going

• Anonymous commented  · 

Since I only use ServerAuditor when my Mac isn't responding, this would be a wonderful option. I would gladly pay a one-time fee for this option.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Year, that would be awesome

• Joni Orponen commented  · 

Irssi Connect Bot on Android does this very nicely and it could be looked at for reference.

What would be lovely to be able to set console application specific things like to replace double tapping from <tab> to alt-a when the process at hand is irssi (although this would generate a regex maintainance overhead, but that could be left for users who want this to deal with). In general it would be excellent to be able to change what the double tap etc. do.

Also somewhat related would be the ability to rearrange the items in the top row of the keyboard (ctrl, alt, etc.).

• Emil commented  · 

This is something really awesome, however. Is it possible to add this also to a hardware keyboard?
        My keyboard that I currently use doesn't have a ctrl key, and I can't also write for example '[{' because of the fact that it uses the Alt button and that is assigned as the meta key. Could you add possibility to remap each key/keys like Command etc for more functionality?
        I'm using a Belkin QODE Keyboard.

• Chunky commented  · 

Is there a way to set up keystrokes or short cuts?

I have few commands I run everytime, would be awesome if I can assign them as a key and have it above the keyboard for quick access

Just an idea

Feedback and Knowledge Base