How can we improve the iOS client?

ios can't select text, selection markers don't appear

Love this app, but I'm unable to select text in order to copy paste. When I tap long hold, the "Select|Select All|Paste" bubble appears, but when i tap "Select" no selection markers appear, the "Select|Select All|Paste" bubble just reappears. I'm running ios 8.1 on an iphone 5s.

42 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    kb1oookb1ooo shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • MKLauMKLau commented  · 

Ditto Korbi's comment. Copy/paste is not accessible for me when "Speak Text" is enabled.

Currently: iOS 10.2.1

• KorbiKorbi commented  · 

For me it works if I disable "Speak selection" in the iphone's settings as described in the FAQ. That's a nuisance however, because I use that feature in other apps, so I have to switch it off/on/off again. If you could fix it to work even with "Speak selection" enabled, it would be most appreciated! :-)

• AntAnt commented  · 

Same problem in my Termius iOS app in a very old iPhone 4S' iOS v9.3.5. I am unable to select in SSH2 sessions. I didn't have this problem in Serverauditor app in the past. :(

Thank you in advance. :)

• Robert LoomansRobert Loomans commented  · 

I'm having this problem too: If I copy something from another app, I can paste it into Termius, but I cannot select text on the terminal screen and copy it.

• gwenzelgwenzel commented  · 

Same problem here...

• Anonymous commented  · 

I have the same problem and it is extremely inconvenient when it comes to open the GAE link for the user token, since the link is super long and always is being cut in small piece when I try to open it on "open it on safari" without selecting the exact whole link.

• AlexAlex commented  · 

Same problem here. Copy has never work on any iOS device. There were quite a few updates since I started to use this app, but this problem has never been fixed :-(
        Everything else works very well on this app and I don't want to have to change to another app because of this bug.

• FrancescoFrancesco commented  · 

I have the sa e proble. I ha e an iPad with the last release of iOS. Dose it dependance on the internazionalizzato or the selected lenguage? And suggestion?

• Anonymous commented  · 

Same here. Currently on iPhone 6 with iOS 9.1, but never managed to make copy text working on any iOS device.

• MikeMike commented  · 

I am experiencing the exact same problem on an iphone 5 with ios 8.4.1, logging into a few linux different machines. This issue makes it impossible to copy anything. I did notice that the screen tends to shift up a line or two when you click Select. The paste button does work, but since copy doesn't work, you can only paste things copied from outside the app.

Feedback and Knowledge Base