How can we improve the Android app?

I'd be great to have multiple groups memberships for hosts.

I'd be great to have multiple groups memberships for hosts.
In short, I'd like to have hosts from deptA and deptB groups, that run Xorg to also be in X group, while those that have guest login active to also be in GuestsOK group - you get the idea.
The idea is so basic yet useful, that I fully expect to be told that it is there already and I've just missed it, in which case I offer my profound apologies and anyone with a minute to spare to drop me a line, telling me how to do it.

2 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Max shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Max commented  · 

Oh, I know about tags and I use them but they are in no way as convinient as groups are - the fact that you have to set up a search means you are stuck with one single grouping of hosts, until you make a new search.

Its like having to type 5-10 chars each time before entering a group - its maddeningly inefficient if you need to server-hop from group to group.

Tags, with their obvious minimal overhead, are great to get some stats about, say roles distribution among your servers, or to find that elusive host with "wierd conf" that you are too afraid to touch and so keep forgetting what's it called, but I'd say nothing else much.

Not so with a hierarchy of groups any host can be a member of as many as it wants of...

It's not a pressing issue and I know that quite often absolutely trivial change from users' perspective turn out not nearly as trivial for developers, so I say leave it if its too.cumbersome, but if its not, it would make a neat little feature I for one would be an active user of )

Cheers )

Feedback and Knowledge Base