How can we improve the Desktop app?

Log all the screen output

As network administrators we require a way to log all the screen output in a file automatically using modifiers like.

Q:\LOGS\%S_%Y-%M-%D-%h-%m.txt

%S = session name
%Y = Current year
%M = 2-digit month
%D = 2-digit day
%h = 2-digit hour
%m = 2-digit minute

Please make it real for all platforms, I love the way its is working but still limited

154 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Manuel shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

20 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi guys,

I know this is on the road map (awesome!), but I was curious if there is an ETA? This is the only thing holding me back from using this as my full time SSH client and from recommending it to everyone. This is one of those basic features that is a must, especially for IT system/network engineers.

Thanks,

Jacob

• Greg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be most helpful to know when this is coming. It is a requirement in most situations and makes Termius unusable because of the absence of this feature. Is there any timeframe when we can expect to see this feature added????

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wish I had realized this before I paid for the year. This is critically important and I can't use it without.

• Yusuf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i have downloaded termius last week to my macbook, i liked its user friendly gui, but if it is not possible to save my session logs, unfortunately i will give up using this application. This feature should be available as it is a main requisit.

• dave68 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also second third fourth fifth saving all terminal output automatically to log files, no matter what size they are - 30yrs network support this is ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL

• Greg Trotter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use Termius for my mobile devices. The lack of this feature is the sole reason I can't use it on my desktop.

• Chris Babcock commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is really a needed feature! Not that anyone has ever made a mistake in an SSH session, but just in case one does, being able to look back is very crucial. Also with putty and all other SSH clients, I log everything just in case some says 'you broke it' I can send exactly what I did. If you want to save a config for repeat use or to script, it's very useful. This is a NEEDED feature. It's weird it's not already included. Logging SSH sessions is so basic.

• JStonemark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to scroll back through disconnected/timeout sessions instead of seeing just the connection summary screen. There is often output that I need to refer to.

• duque commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We (network engineers at our company) are also in need for logging the output to a file -> best would be per device. and also to be able to define the amount of lines we can scroll back.

- Logging to file per Device
    - Scrolling back up as defined in config i.E 8000 Lines
    - Don't close the connection/tab if the we loose connection. we often have config parts or settings we still scroll back and forth in a closed connection tab copy/paste

I saw, there are 3 similar feature request and all of them have some votes.
    Would be good to consolidate them into one. would give the votes more weight this way.

This would also be good to have on other platforms, not jus the desktop app
    Our Network team is 50/50 with Macbook and Windows Notebook users. so the idea/feature request goes for both platforms as a must have feature.
    It would be nice to have on the mobile platforms iOS and Android.

Regards
    Duque

• Curtis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The KDE "Konsole" app allows saving the entire output on the screen to a .txt file. This is useful for sending large debug output to vendors, etc.

Desktop App

Feedback and Knowledge Base