How can we improve the Desktop app?

Make snippets selectable for active terminal

I would like to be able to select a snippet my from snippet library and automatically have it executed in the active terminal. I am using the windows app and I see that I can have a snippet execute on startup, but I don't see a way to have a snippet automatically executed on the active terminal.

68 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Greg shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Nicki Messerschmidt commented  · 

I'm running the beta. An snippets seem to work fine, but....
        Since the last Update, when switching tabs between hosts using ALT + arrow keys the input focus does not switch
        And the snippets can be used, but not created, right?

• Anonymous commented  · 

I bought premium to be able to use snippets mostly. Please implement this option, people are looking for such a thing.

• Anonymous commented  · 

First of all i love this app. Bought it after 1 hour using free version.

It would be nice to make fast access snippets, not just on startup. Same way they are made on iOS platform.

• Vitalii commented  · 

I would like to run some snippets manual, not only on connection to server

• Vitalii commented  · 

I would like to run some snippets manual, not only on connection to server

• Larry Ward commented  · 

The ability to have a saved library of snippets for desktop (mac and pc) was the ONLY reason I bought premium. I've been searching for a terminal app with snippet support for mac for months. After using the desktop apps I find it fantastic in just about every way now, but without the ability to access a snippet library on desktop when logged into a session, I will not be able to continue with the premium service when I'm up for renewal.

I'm more than happy to support the premium package with better snippet support on desktop. PLEASE bring this over ASAP!

• Daren Iott commented  · 

Same thing with the mac app. I use this across my phone and ipad and it's awesome to have all my commands sync'd across devices but there is no way I see to run a snippet from the desktop app. The ios app has this and I use it often.

• Kent commented  · 

this would be excellent, snippets was a good selling point for premium and I can't see how to to use it on windows??

• Nicki Messerschmidt commented  · 

I think it should be possible to run saved snippets anytime during a session. Just like with the ios version.

• Tijl commented  · 

I would like to run a snippet when I am already connected to a server, it that possible?

• Lukas commented  · 

Hello there,

I am just wondering, if we can use snippets on desktops/laptops (Chrome app) the same or similar way as we use it on Android devices. I mean that we don't need to assign snippets to our host and run it on startup only.

I'd love to be able to select a snippet on chrome desktop app and run it whenever I want as I can do this on my android device. Am I missing something or it's just not possible yet?

Thank you

• AdminTermius Support (Admin, Crystalnix Limited) commented  · 

Hello,

Thanks for using Serverauditor.

Please follow next step:
        1. Add new snippet at tab Snippets.
        2. Attach it at a host form to any server or at a group form, where you can start the snippet.
        3. Try to connect to the server with saved snippet.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Snippets dont seem to work, if I doubleclick, nothing happens

Desktop App

Feedback and Knowledge Base