How can we improve the Desktop app?

Multi instances

It seems not possible to launch multiple instances of the desktop app.
It would be nice to use space on multi screen setups.

90 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Seti shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Alex commented  · 

I am a paying customer and this is the one thing that is keeping me from replacing this as my SSH client. I quite often need to have two sessions up (or more) at a time for work. I am currently using SuperPutty as my client because it allows this flexible windowing.

• Foxx commented  · 

FYI, not as great as it would be to have movable tabs, but you can Ctrl+Shift+n and open a new termius session that actually works and doesn't just spin. Can't tell you why.

• AdminTermius Support (Admin, Crystalnix Limited) commented  · 

This is on the roadmap and definitely will be implemented.

We have some experimental versions that support this feature.
        It's not stable yet and has different limitations and probably won't be published soon.

But if you'd like to test it out and provide your feedback just send us a note through a Contact Support form on this website. Would be great to hear what you think.

Cheers!

• Hans Yulian commented  · 

I want this feature also, but i suspect this is a limitation caused by the framework, which is most likely ionic framework. some other framework that use web engine to create app such as electron also seems to suffer from the same behaviour as we can see in Visual Studio Code.

• Anonymous commented  · 

This missing (and for me basic feature) is the only reason I don't use Termius any more and don't recommend to other Mac users. At least the option to open multiple instances of the application would help. Please add this to really make this the go to ssh client.

• Matt Ford commented  · 

I don't seem to be able to pull tabs out into their own windows. Sometimes I need to be able to see lots of terminals at once.

• Titi commented  · 

yes, split screen or perhaps "open tab in a new window"

• Robert Evans commented  · 

I love the fact that Termius allows me to synchronize my settings between my iPad Pro and my Mac, but I really need the split view support on the Mac side. I often have multiple Terminal windows open side by side so that I can monitor things such as logs, top, etc. simultaneously in real time.

• Foxx commented  · 

When I try to open the Termius client for a second time, it hangs at a gray window with a spinning circle. Multiple sessions would be useful especially for windows virtual desktops (where different desktops are doing different things).

• Sergio Gómez commented  · 

It could be great to divide main window making more than one ssh window visible at the same time.

Now I have to be switching between testing and productions ssh windows and it's difficult to compare them...

Thank you!

Desktop App

Feedback and Knowledge Base