How can we improve the Desktop app?

Better sync of keys, keys' passwords and identities accross plateforms with the mac application

Since the release of the new 3.5.1 iOS version, I’m facing issues with the macOS version, that already missed some of the features. It seems it doesn’t like much the new ED25519 keys, and now, I have a blank page instead of the hosts lists because I configured a new host to use such a ED25519 key.

Are you about to release an update to this app ? I’ll gladly change my evaluation when those problems are solved.

Compared to this, the non-customizable themes are just cat piss.

Update : it kept doing that for a while and suddenly after a few restart and data reload of the account, it worked again. Don’t know if this bug will come back.

Update 2 : Now the problem is that ED25519 keys generated by iOS app are not recognized by the mac app (Unkown key it says), and RSA keys doesn’t seem to work, I had to disable the key for auth to allow my user to connect on the Mac, while at the same time I can use the same key alone or with password (thanks to « pubkey pubkey,keyboard-interactive » value of AuthenticationMethods) to connect from the iOS app on my iPad and iPhone. Not necessary to say I clicked on the « Sync » button several times on all the devices, in different orders.

Please can you help ? I’d like to be able to log via private key only method or password on my mac too.

6 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Pierre-Philippe Charlier shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...

Feedback and Knowledge Base