How can we improve the Desktop app?

on MacOS the terminal cursor always appears a few spaces ahead of where the actual cursor is. It's weird, and hard to control.

on MacOS the terminal cursor always appears a few spaces ahead of where the actual cursor is. It's weird, and hard to control.

(High Sierra)

14 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Elliot Mackenzie shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Tii commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Anything new? I still have the same problem with Termius on macOS AND Windows.
    It's sad that there is still no fix since March '18. :(

It makes Termius pretty unusable since I don't want to change to bash because of this... :/

Any workaround at least?

• Tii commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yap, I have the same issue in general on Termius using zsh.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem in chrome os and bash shell... Quite tricky to navigate. would love to see an answer

• Shilei Tian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Update: The same issue occurred on Windows too, as long as the shell is zsh. I've tried bash and it's all okay, but I didn't try another shell.

• Elliot Mackenzie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Here's the way to reproduce.

Set PS1 to S1='\n\[\e[0;32m\]\[\e[0m\]Logged in as \[\e[0;34m\]\u\[\e[0m\] on \[\e[0;34m\]\H\[\e[0m\]\[\e[0;32m\]\n\[\e[0;34m\]\w\[\e[0m\]\n\[\e[0;32m\]❭❭\[\e[0m\] development\[\e[0;32m\]❭❭\[\e[0m\] '

It seems the use of the >> character in a prompt throws out the cursor placement calculation.

Feedback and Knowledge Base