removing a group from a host does not work reliably on iPad or Desktop - bugfix please
1) Current version on ipad crashes after a couple of successful removals when you try to remove group from Host during host edit.
2) Current desktop version - removed group from two hosts - but cannot remove groups from any more hosts.
3) Removing a Group should not delete hosts by default - it should just remove the group-association. Deleting the hosts should be an extra option with ARE-YOU-SURE confirmation.
This is the official response that I got from Termius support. I ended up completing these steps, purely by happenstance, prior to getting this response and can confirm that it works.
**NOTE: The response is tailored for both Windows and Mac as I switched to Windows when the Mac version went belly up.***
Thanks for reaching out.
We're very sorry that you encountered such a problem.
Based on your current email and the comment here, I recommend that you:
1. Log in to your account at termius.com.
2. (From the home page) sign out from all the devices ('My Devices' section).
3. Remove Termius data on all the devices where you used Termius, which is stored in:
~/Library/Application\ Support/Termius on Mac
(just run rm -rf ~/Library/Application\ Support/Termius in the terminal)
~/.config/Termius on Mac
(just run rm -rf ~/.config/Termius in the terminal)
%appdata%/Termius on Windows
(Removing data from all the devices is crucial to solving the problem.)
4. Reset password.
5. Start Termius and log in.
Please, let me know if it helps or if you have any questions.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Dmitry, the Termius team
I had the same issue on Desktop (Mojave with Termius ver. 4.2.7). I deleted a group and it seems like it deleted the individual hosts. Only problem now is the hosts view doesn't even load any more. I can't add or remove from the hosts tab on the main view or by going into the 'Known Hosts' section of preferences.
I did not have any of these issues until I started using Termius 4.2.7 on macOS Mojave installed from the termius.dmg downloaded from my Termius premium profile.
I have tried the following to resolve the issue without any luck:
1. Uninstall the application completely
2. Reinstall the application from a new .dmg
3. Uninstall the .dmg version again
4. Reinstall from the App Store
5. Reload Data from Preferences inside of Termius
6. Test on a Windows machine - I can create hosts and groups however they do not actually connect or save settings.
7. Reset my password using 'forgot my password' on the Termius website in order to delete ALL of my account data.
8. Installed Termius again from a fresh download of termius.dmg
At this point I am at a loss and ready to cancel my subscription not even a full month into a 1 year sub. I didn't have any of these issues during the trial and I fought tooth and nail to get approval to put the 1 year sub on the company CC. I don't want to have to tell my boss he was right but if that's what it comes down to then I will just have to switch back to Hyper.