Data recovery with a lost password is impossible because Termius keeps all user data in an encrypted Vault. The password to your account is used as an encryption key for the vault. Hence if you lose the password, then you can’t open the vault. Even Termius staff can not help with data recovery because the system was designed in this way.
Vault is an integral part of the product and brings an additional layer of protection to customer data. However, anyone can forget their password. Hence, we plan to release several features that will help mitigate those side effects in most cases.
If you lost your encryption password, you can remove the existing vault and create a new one. Follow this link to reset your encryption password.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- How to reset my password without losing my data?
- Does Termius support my Enterprise SSO provider?
- How to get a quote?
- How can I enable Split View?
- How do I cancel the trial period?
- How to copy/paste in the desktop app?
- How to copy/paste on iOS?
- How to adjust text size?
- What happens when my Pro subscription expires?
- Can the mobile Termius keyboard be customized?