Certain roles in a team, which are assigned by the team's administrator, can share hosts, but without credentials, and snippets with other team members. When you share data, it appears on other teammates' devices.
A team member can have one of these roles: Administrator, Editor, Member.
⚠️ Usernames, passwords, keys and identities won’t be shared.
- Administrator can share one or more groups of hosts and unshare them at any time.
- Editors can edit, remove and add entities inside the shared groups. When an editor adds an entity to a shared group, that entity becomes shared as well. Editors can edit shared groups, but not remove them.
- Members cannot share hosts, edit or remove shared hosts, except they can add credentials.
When sharing a host/group you share: tags, environment variables, startup snippets, proxy, identity used in proxy settings and host chains.
- Administrator can share a snippet and edit or remove snippets shared by others
- Editors can share a snippet and edit and remove snippets shared by others.
- Members cannot share, edit or remove shared snippets.
ℹ️ Snippets can’t be unshared.
There is no team without its members!
So remember to add your teammates to the team as described here ✓
A team member will not see shared data, if he/she didn't accept the e-mail invitation or you didn't approve his/her access to team's shared data. (See step 5 here) ⚠️
Share / unshare a group
To share a group in the desktop app, right-click a group and choose Share.
In the mobile apps:
- (iOS) tap and hold the desired group, tap and Share.
- (Android) tap and hold the desired group, tap ⋮ and Share.
If you want to stop sharing a group, just choose Unshare, instead of Share.
Host chain sharing
When you share a group containing a host chain with hosts outside of that group, you’ll be asked to move them to that group manually or automatically. If you don't, the host chain will be unavailable for other team members.
💡 By moving the groups manually, you can achieve a mindful organization inside a shared group. For example, you can create a ‘Bastions’ sub-group in the shared group and place your hosts in there.
Share a snippet
To share a snippet in the desktop app, right-click the snippet and choose Share with the team.
In the mobile apps:
- (iOS) tap and hold the snippet and tap Share.
- (Android) Tap and hold the snippet, then tap ⋮ and Share.
To create a shared snippet, choose Team snippets \ Team next to 'Create in’ when creating a snippet.