This article describes known issues and limitations within the terminal session sharing functionality.
Rendering issues and artifacts
One of the known limitations of the shared terminal sessions is caused by the use of the WebRTC data connection based on the UDP peer-to-peer connection. When the network is unstable or the terminal generates a lot of output (e.g. due to
-R /), or when the terminal is being frequently updated (e.g. by htop), a viewer may see that the output is incomplete or that a character appears at an incorrect position.
The solution is to reconnect to the shared terminal by closing the tab and following the shared terminal link again.
Terminal Size issues
Another current limitation is the absence of synchronization between the size of viewers' terminal and the size of the streamer's terminal. Because of that the viewers' screen may look different from the streamer's screen.
The solution is to adjust the size of the terminal, making it the same as the size of the streamer's terminal.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- I can't use the iOS app in the background
- I can't use Termius for Android in the background
- I don't see the local terminal option in the desktop app
- I see double / none of my characters in a Telnet session
- My App Store subscription is not active
- I can't map Caps Lock
- I can't import an ed25519-sk or ecdsa-sk FIDO2 key on Windows
- I can't connect using an ed25519-sk or ecdsa-sk FIDO2 key
- I did not receive the email for approving login from a new IP address
- I can't enter characters (pipe, backslash, etc.) using the Option key