Saving your sessions' terminal output allows for debugging and analysis at a later stage. In Termius, it's possible to achieve this via the session logging functionality.
Note: Session logging is currently available in the desktop Termius app only.
View session logs
- To view a log of a session, in the left-hand panel, open the history item associated with that session.
- Click the Open session log button.
How Termius stores session logs
- Termius saves the output of every SSH and Telnet session you establish.
- Session logs are saved in history items. Removing a history item removes the corresponding session log.
- Sessions logs are stored only locally, i.e. not synchronized across devices.
- Log files are encrypted with the xchacha20poly1305 algorithm.
- For each of your hosts and for connections established without using a host entry, Termius stores not more than 5 most recent session logs.