It's not uncommon when one uses different Apple IDs on different devices. In such a case, if you signed up with Apple on one device you won't be able to sign in with Apple into Termius on another device with a different Apple ID.
Luckily, there is a solution to it - just log in with the email instead, where:
- Email is your Apple ID
- and Password is your encryption passphrase that you set after the sign up with Apple
But what if you chose to Hide My Email option during the sign-up?
In that case, you need to find an email Apple assigned to your Apple ID and a particular app. This email is the one you should use when Logging in to Termius with email.
Please check the instructions here to learn how to find this email on iOS, macOS, or on the Web.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- I can't use the iOS app in the background
- I can't use Termius for Android in the background
- I don't see the local terminal option in the desktop app
- I see double / none of my characters in a Telnet session
- My App Store subscription is not active
- I can't map Caps Lock
- I can't import an ed25519-sk or ecdsa-sk FIDO2 key on Windows
- I can't connect using an ed25519-sk or ecdsa-sk FIDO2 key
- I did not receive the email for approving login from a new IP address
- I can't enter characters (pipe, backslash, etc.) using the Option key