Termius for Windows, macOS, and Linux allows integrating a DigitalOcean account with Termius.
This integration involves secure import of DigitalOcean droplets to a group in Termius which automatically updates to reflect the changes in your DigitalOcean environment. Once you add or remove a droplet or change a droplet's details, a host entry will instantly appear, disappear or be updated in Termius.
For each of the droplets, Termius imports the following data: name and IP address.
To connect Termius to a DigitalOcean account, you need to:
- In your DigitalOcean account, create a personal access token with read-only scope using the documentation or short instructions below. Termius will be using the token to interact with your DigitalOcean environment.
- Enable import of your DigitalOcean data to a group.
Note: Integration with DigitalOcean is not available in the Starter (free) plan.
Create a personal access token
- Log in to the DigitalOcean Contol Panel.
- From the menu at the top, choose API, then click 'Generate new token'. A form will appear.
- Provide a name for the token.
- In the 'Expiration' drop-down menu, select 'No expiry'.
- Leave 'Write (optional)' unchecked.
- Click 'Generate token'. You'll see your personal token, which you'll need to specify in Termius for enabling the integration.
Enable DigitalOcean import in Termius
- Create a new group in Termius and in the group's properties enable Cloud Sync.
- Select DigitalOcean as Cloud type.
- Provide your personal access token and click ➔ at the top right.