Termius checks the password using the haveibeenpwned.com service (HIBP). The Termius app searches for the first 5 characters of SHA-1 of the user-provided password in HIBP API per the Cloudflare k-anonymity implementation.
Termius never sends the original (unencrypted) password or enough information to discover what the original password is.
The password is pa$word.
SHA-1 of the password will be
The first 5 characters are SHA-1 of the password is
617AD, the rest is
Here are the search results: https://api.pwnedpasswords.com/range/617AD.
This data tells us the password has been leaked in 96 breaches.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- How to search in the terminal?
- How to disable notifications from TestFlight?
- How to adjust text size?
- How to copy/paste from/to the terminal?
- Why is the local terminal absent in the desktop app?
- Why do I see a ‘System Keychain Unavailable’ error?
- How do you know my password was in a data breach?
- I get ‘Your browser is not supported’ message
- Can't run the iOS app in the background
- Can’t run the Android app in the background